Terms of Reference
R 5_HRealizing of Educational Support
Project: Improvement of Development Process and Local Governance in the Municipality of Tripoli
The Municipality of Tripoli receivedon the 15th of January 2016 a grant from the European Union (EU) to realize the project” Improvement of Development Process and Local Governance in the Municipality of Tripoli” over a period extending to 36 months.The overall objective of the project is to improve the institutional and operational contribution to governance and development process in the Municipality of Tripoli.The Specific objectives of the project are toimprove access in Bab El Tabbane,Jabal Mohsen and El Ghouraba to basic and adequate socialservices on a sustainable basis.Allthree communities will benefit from a positive impact on different levels especially on Health, Education, Job Creation and awareness levels. Five Expected results derive from the project.
- The project
The project derives from four basic facts advanced by the Municipality of Tripoli:
- The local authority and civil society are in need for capacity building,
- Health is a fundamental human right and should be available to all people regardless of gender, social class, ethnicity and age,
- Job opportunities are very limited due to the deficiency of educational skills,
- Recreational activities allowing the cohesion of the dissimilar zones allow a better synergy.
Unemployment is the most dangerous problem in light of family extension and large number of youthnot qualified vocationally and not educated which pushed them to potential risks such as extremism,terrorism, etc. unemployment in the intervention areas reaches 65% among thelabour forces, exceeding 30% for men and 91.5% for women.
For this purpose,and according to the stipulations of article 3.2.3 of the “Practical Guide to contract procedures for European Union external actions “applicable from 14/03/2013, the Municipality of Tripoli will realize an Educational support program to improve the education level of students and open for them new opportunities in the labor market.
The students targeted in the Educational Support Program will be the students enrolled in the schools, of Tebbaneh, Jabal Mohsen and Ghouraba, candidates for the official exams.
The activity requires the recruitment of teachers for the following materials:
Class of SG: Math, Physics,Chemistry,
Class of SV: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology,
Class of SE: Math, Economics, Social studies
Class of Brevet (Level 9): Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Arabic, French
The teachers will be paid by the municipality of Tripoli on hourly basis as follows:
27 Euros per hour for the classes of SG, SV, SE
19 Euros per hour for the classes of Brevet (Level 9).
The Expected Result (5) of the project (subject of the present TOR) is to provide dropped out youth and students with skills and know how in order to have access to the labor market.
The recruited teachers will perform the following tasks:
- Perform the specific number of teaching sessions based on their specialization and experience and according to the terms of their contracts signed with the municipality of Tripoli.
- Participate in the closing ceremony.
- Elaborate a wrap up report for future capitalization that includes evaluation of the impact of the Educational Support Program.
- Duration of the assignment
- The maximum duration of the assignment is 10 weeks and will start on the day of the signature of the contract with the Municipality of Tripoli.
The contract will define the number of teaching sessions that the teacher will perform, the maximum number of hours that the teacher is expected to teach during the contract together with his/her payment ceiling.
- Evaluation of the Expressions of interests
Expression of Interestswill be evaluated by the concerned committee according to the following criteria:
- University degree in the material that he is applying for to teach. (Evaluation Grade up to 30/100)
- Grades of his/her students in the official exams session 2016. (Evaluation Grade up to 50/100)
- Three years teaching experience in the material he is applying for (Interested candidate could be a teacher who cooperated previously with associations/NGOs who carried education support)
(Evaluation Grade up to 20/100)
The professional local expert will report to the Project Coordinator and will coordinate his/her work with the Mayor and the steering committee.
The following deliverables are requested from the local expert:
- List of the students that attended his/her teaching sessions.
- Time sheet showing his/her teaching hours approved by the education support coordinator
- Material used to perform the teaching.
- A wrap up report for future capitalization that includes evaluation of the impact of the Educational Support Program.
- Education/Professional experience and skills
The interested candidate should have a University degree in the material that he is applying for to teach in addition to a minimum of 5 years of experience in teaching.
In addition to Arabic language, fluency in French is a must (Fluency in English is an additional asset)
- Submitting of Expression of interests
Interested teachers are invited to submit their expression of interest either by hand to Miss. TaghridMerhaby in the Municipality of Tripoli, Tall Square, or by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org later than 12:00 noon of day 6/4/2017
Expressions of interests of candidates should be accompanied with the following documents:
- Copy of the University degree in the material that he is applying for to teach.
- Copy of the grades of the teacher’s students in the material that he is applying for to teach.
in the official exams session 2016.
- Proof of three years teaching experience in the material he is applying for.
- Attestation from an association/NGO that the interested candidate performed teaching if applicable .
- Financial ID number of the candidate
- Settling of the expert dues
The teacher's dues will be settled, after receipt and acceptance of his/her deliverables and against an invoice submitted to the Municipality of Tripoli at the end of his/her contract accompanied by the Timesheet showing his/her teaching hours approved by the education support coordinator.